Paynesville, Minnesota

I financed my car a little over a year ago with Chrysler Financial. I financed my car for $7,000 and I now owe $7,100.

Due to my fault, I have been late making a payment one time. I have made all of my payments online, but one. Four times I have had them on my back saying that I didn't make a payment online, when I did. They do not send confirmation emails or give a confirmation number when paying online.

After the payment was made, there would be a message that would say, "Thank you for your online payment." A month later they would call me and say that my payment was late. I ended up paying them twice, three different times. When this scenario happened for the fourth time the other day, I researched what was going on. I checked the account in which my payment should have been taken from and they did not take the payment.

I know for sure that I made the payment, but I did not receive an email or letter saying that the payment was denied. Chrysler Financial charges me $75 everytime that I am late and raises my interest rate. When the collections department for Chrysler Financial called me the other day, there were multiple people laughing at me over the phone when they were threatening to take my vehicle away. I have come to the conclusion that they are purposely not taking my payments, so they can charge me the late fees and raise my interest rate on top of the late payment.

If anyone else might be having a similar problem, please let me know.

Comments

Well looks like they are breaking the law by not maintaining their website. Have you considered making the payments bank to bank that way they got no excuses to charge you late payment fees as the money would be in their account. Make the payment 4 days before so it can clear, if they say its late then get your bank to track the money and they could prove it was on time.

They are clearly breaking the law, By not offering you a reliable payment method, they are breaking the law. You could get some software to recorde the desktop screen, to prove that you did in fact make the payment on time for evidence and take them to court to prove they are deliberately not taking payments. Have you thought of making the payments from bank to bank, that way the payment is made and if they dont

#1 it is impossible for you to have a $75 late charge, you probably have several late charges totaling $75. #2 You said you didn't get a confirmation # or confimation email, if you didn't get either of those things that you didn't make a payment.

#3 Your interest rate cannot change once you enter into a simple interest contract. Take some personal responsibility and stop making excuses.

I read your complaint and it is baseless...Let me explain to you why..

1. you admitt that you fell behind in one of your payments quote" Due to my fault, I have been late making a payment one time.

I have made all of my payments online, but one". Now who's fault is that chryslers or yours???you signed the contract.

You admit that you make the payments online but the money didnt get debited thereby causing you to fall behind and the late charge accruing...well that's a contradiction to statement # 1 when you claimed it was your fault...Now to your main thesis as to why you were behind, later in your baseless complaint, you acknowledge when you make payments online and i assume it is chryslerfinancial.com you should receive a confirmation # via the thank you page..Quote ". After the payment was made, there would be a message that would say, "Thank you for your online payment." They do not send confirmation emails or give a confirmation number when paying online"...Now, if you made the payment online and you didn't receive the confirmation #, better yet you find out the money is still in your account, doesn't it cross your mind that maybe you didn't finish the transaction-missing a tab thereby not getting to the final screen thank you here is your confirmation # there by the funds being deducted from your account avoiding the late charge???think about it before blaming anyone else...you are aware of the process in online payment, don't be naive.

truckerguys

I would check your state law pertaining to late fees. I know in California they CAN NOT repo for late fees. I have a horroble time with Wachovia in that respect.

Lancer4u
Malomice, Lubuskie, Poland #30729

WOW, that is ludicrous. If I was in your position, I would record the "conversation" the next time that you attempt to pay online.

If the money isn't removed within a day or two, contact them directly and in writing that the "online" payment system is NOT functioning properly. The recording serves as YOUR proof that you attempted to make the payment on time, insist that they do NOT charge you the late fee.